Meditation

• This is pretty cool! I'm going to try using meditation at least once a day. I don't know if it will help or not but I want to try. I think I can stick to it for at least once a day, but I'd like to get to the point where I can use it whenever my pain flares up throughout the day.
    Thanks for creating this help.

• @Shelbelle said:

meditation

We examined meditation’s effects on people, such as attention regulation, awareness of the body, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, and addiction

• @Shelbelle Thanks for suggesting meditation oasis. Looks like some of the meditations are free.

• I aim to do meditation daily but use a guided meditation called 'Beyond Pain' by meditation oasis.

• @SCIpain hello, it's good that you're noticing when your mind is wandering or thoughts of "this is boring" happening. When that happens, bring yourself back to the meditation, this is normal. How are you meditating? Are you saying a mantra or is it a guided meditation?

• @SCIpain hello, the fact that you fell asleep while meditating was probably because you were lying down. It is best practiced in a sitting position, however you felt better when you awoke and that is important as I'm assuming you wanted to meditate to feel better.

• I did a 5 minute body scan kind of meditation today while lying down on the bed. My back was burning and I just sort of watched that. Eventually I fell asleep for a couple minutes I think. Is it bad to fall asleep while meditating? Am I doing it wrong? I think I felt a bit better when I got up, but maybe that's just because I was lying down for five minutes...

• @BronnieT said:

Been meditating pretty regularly the last couple of days because my hands have been pretty sore. Only for a minute or two, but each time it helps me and I can get some distance from how uncomfortable my hands feel. Especially good when I'm trying to get off to sleep. Hope yours is better soon SCIpain!

I like this - just try for a minute or two. I think I can do that even when it's bad. Will see if it helps. Thanks BronnieT.

• Been meditating pretty regularly the last couple of days because my hands have been pretty sore. Only for a minute or two, but each time it helps me and I can get some distance from how uncomfortable my hands feel. Especially good when I'm trying to get off to sleep. Hope yours is better soon SCIpain!

• I've had a bit of a flare up the past two days and with work it was all I could do to get through that and then crash. So no meditating lately. :(

• I managed about 5 minutes today while sitting outside. Then my mind started wondering as I heard the birds and felt the sun and I thought "this is kind of nice." and I opened my eyes to look around and forgot all about meditating. My pain wasn't too bad at least so i enjoyed it. I'm not sure what to do when my mind just wants to go elsewhere or say this is boring.

• How cool., I've decided to try meditation too. I decided to do 10 minutes every day after my morning cuppa, so it doesn't matter where I am I can still do it.